Showed up too early for cherry blossom season, but Kyoto and Osaka were gorgeous! Loved all the beautiful little crafts, sweets, and the delicious Kyoto-style cooking. Spied a few geiko and maiko walking around and got in lots of onsen time too~
Looking up restaurants in Osaka, and am totally amused by Zauo's how-to dining guide. It lets you fish right in the restaurant, and you get discounts if you catch the fish yourself. The how-to guide is a delight. I didn't think it'd get better, but then I found a video review. Definitely need to try to eat there. :D
#SaintforRent ask question by #Nachte. Basically, he starts the day off well and then….. xD
Ahhh, I adore Saint. <333 Charming characters in a charming comic that everyone should be reading!
"Anything, my Prince."
For deminos, who requested Prince Merlin and his devoted Knight. Thanks for your patience and encouragement, bb. <3
Mini-comic about failboat!mercenaries drawn in 2012 for the now sold-out Knight Life anthology! I drew this during my Dragon Age II phase, and just filled it with rogues who banter a lot at each other.
I haven’t drawn in ages and I’m feeling super rusty just thinking about working on comics again. But comics! With baseball! And shenanigans! And feelings! Just gotta survive finals week first.
MAGIC OF LOVE!! Love Love Hill has a few happy announcements for you all!
- We’ve been accepted to the Toronto Comic Arts Festival for May 2014!!! Yaaaaay!! This is the show that normally kicks off our con year :D It’s always filled with lovely and talented comics people, so If you haven’t been please come check it out!
- Work is now underway for our new anthology for next year, tentatively titled "FUJOSPORTS". The theme is exactly as it sounds: sports comics with passionate men, designed to give you the dokes. We’re collecting members from our past anthologies and maybe a couple new people… More info to come as it develops, look forward to it!!
- What you can also expect to see at TCAF is a new issue of Life On the Hill, our dumb autobio comics! We’ve been traveling a lot more than usual so we are all raw for material haha. They are so stupid! They are the greatest. They go really fast at zine festivials and now there are French editions too at our store, if that is your thing!
- Our friends and collaborators, En Masse, will be painting giant canvases at Smart Design Mart this weekend, Dec 6 to 8th at 5505 Casgrain in Montreal. You can expect Koyar and Kim to be ducking in and out every day, putting our dues on that wall!
- En Masse will also be making an appearance at the Toronto Long Winter festival on Friday December 13th at the Great Hall 1087 Queen Street West. It’s a free event and Dirchansky will be there live painting from around 7pm-ish — swing by and say hi if you’re in the area and give her prompts on fun things to draw!
Hehe, we’re all each doing Christmas cards for the season, have you guys signed up to get yours yet?
My Merlin comic~
Sorry for the lack of updates! The coursework deluge has hit heavy and hard, and I’m just barely keeping afloat. I don’t foresee my situation changing any time soon, so I might as well post what I have so far and come back when the semester ends. In the meantime, I’m gonna miss working on this AU. :(
The next part will be 4 pages, so it’s taking me longer to update than before. I thought I’d take the opportunity to acknowledge the inspirations and resources used to make this comic. :)
Take Me Out With the Crowd (WIP)
I’m not sure what it is about baseball stories that draws me to them. My favorite baseball stories all include this mix of coming-of-age with the love of the game — the competition, the camaraderie, the practices, classes, grades, classmates — and of course the hormones. As if life isn’t complicated enough. But you follow the protagonist, and you find this one special team, you get caught up in their games, you go through their highs, their lows, and you’re right there in the dugout with them. And if you’re following a catcher or pitcher, the trust and the bond that develop between batterymates, they run deep. And watching it blossom, just UGH, FEELINGS. Lots and lots of flaily feelings. I love it all, and it’s pretty much what I want to express with this Merlin/Arthur baseball AU.
And yes, I LOVEEE Oofuri, which many of you have picked up on, but I’ve also been reading/watching baseball stories for ages. It’s a weakness. (Except for stories that romanticize sports injuries, which I hate with the intensity of a thousand suns. Looking at you, Major.)
> Touch by Mitsuru Adachi
> H2 by Mitsuru Adachi
> Ookiku Furikabutte by Asa Higuchi
> Wacom Intuos 5
> Adobe Photoshop CS5
> Google SketchUp
> Google 3D warehouse
>PHHS for the clubhouse locker room
>ishy101 for the motor coach/bus
Special thank you to Shin who listens to me rave and ramble and is always on point with her advice. And who is enabling my weakness with Ace of Diamond, which will be airing in October.
And of course thank you for reading, liking, commenting, and reblogging. It’s amazing to check out the tags for each update. ♥